Saturday 15 November 2014

WingDust Collections - After-Party @ Jimmay's


Disclaimer: some of the products used in this blog post have previously been received for review.


Reader! Prepare yourself to admire the magnificent sight of a gorgeous polish!

(are you prepared? Don't say I didn't warn you!)

Today I have After-Party @Jimmay's for you, a blue based jelly from WingDust Collections. I won this polish a few months ago, and I'm so glad I did because it's gorgeous!

First off, I love the dark blue base colour. It's not too dark, not too bright, and I would describe it as a "dusty blue". Can you see what I mean in the pictures? This polish has several colours and shapes of glitters, including hexagons, stars, triangles, squares, tiny bar glitter and dots. Too much, you might think? Well, think again then, because it's just enough!

I took these pictures a while ago, with my old lighting setup (I have a bunch of other posts with my old lighting setup still in draft so I'm going to post those in the coming weeks). So please excuse the yellowness of my hands!


I did two thick coats here and covered everything with 2 layers of my Nayll Smooth It Out Top Coat. I love how glass-like and thick this top coat looks here.


The glitters of After-Party @Jimmay's spread nicely, I got all the glitters out great, but I did put the bottle upside down for ten minutes before using it.


A bonus close-up shot! Here you can see the "dusty blue" very clearly, I think. And MHHH, I love the glitter combination:


What do you think of this polish? I adore it, the colours of the glitters are really fun and I always love dark blue polishes anyway ;) If you want to go and take a look at WingDust Collections' Etsy shop, click here!

Thanks for reading!


16 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I like the triangles... but they always can be fished out ;) The rest is nice :D The hue is something I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when triangles are in polishes now, it's so new and different! But I guess triangles are not for everyone :) The dark blue colour is really nice indeed!

      Delete
  2. Robin, this is very beautiful top, absolutely different and more eye catching- I like it very much.
    Thanks for sharing a new things with us <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's eye-catching indeed, I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this is a really gorgeous polish - I like all the different glitters. Has a lot happening :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love all the different glitters! :)

      Delete
  4. very interesting manicure! and i do like it so much ! glitters are so funny and eye catching dear !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubica! The glitters are indeed really eye catching and fun!

      Delete
  5. it's a really interesting polish, with all those different glitters in it. But I would probably preferred a deeper blue base color.
    But it's a nice swatch anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all kinds of blue so I don't mind :) Thanks Franzi!

      Delete
  6. I don't like it....I LOVE IT. It looks amazing on your nails and I like the different shaped glitter particles in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Andrea! The different shaped glitter are so fun right! :)

      Delete
  7. It is so very cute!! Echt heel leuk met die verschillende vormen glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echt he, ik vind all die vormpjes zo leuk!

      Delete
  8. A very fun glitter polish, what more could we ask for! It's very beautiful and I love dark blue polishes too so this is definitely a winner in my eyes :D. Oh and I love the triangles, it adds something different to the usual glitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Thanks Emily, I feel exactly the same way! I love blue polishes and fun glitter shapes! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)