Tuesday 7 April 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Marilyn Monroe Water Decals

*Disclaimer: this item was received for review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by anyone or anything.
*Disclaimer: some items in this blog post were previously received for review.


Hi!

I'm back with my final Born Pretty Store review for now, and it's some fun water decals!

  • What?: Marilyn Monroe water decals from Born Pretty Store - I got BOP/141.
  • Price?: Currently $1.66.
  • Where can you get it?: You can find these water decals here on the BPS website! There's also some other sheets to choose from with different images.
  • What do I think?: I like these! They're fun and easy to use. You also get a nice variety of images.

Polishes I used: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Catrice Caught on the Red Carpet, Shimmer Polish Eva and Essence Gel-Look top coat.


I did 3 coats of OPI on all nails except my ring finger - that one has 3 coats of Eva. I made a gradient with the OPI and Catrice, and then I added some water decals and some heart shaped rhinestones.



The water decals were easy to apply. There's instructions on the back of the package, but it's the same as with every other water decal: cut out the decal you want, take off the plastic cover, soak the decak water for 10-20 seconds, take if off from the paper, and put it on your nails. Seal in with top coat and you're done!

What do you think of these? If you like them, feel free to use my discount code XDX31 to get 10% off on your orders from Born Pretty Store.


Thanks for reading!


28 comments:

  1. Woow love it these decals and your design. Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui!I especially loved all the "extra" decals that weren't Marilyn, like the lipstick and perfume :)

      Delete
  3. Great mani, very sexy and vampy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Marilyn Monroe, so these decals are definitely made for me :)) Love your pin-up looking mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear! Then they definitely are perfect for you :D Thanks Andrea!

      Delete
  5. Oh I like the decals! You design is always so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, rood en lipstick, perfect match lijkt mij! Hele leuke decals zeg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja vond ik ook!! Vooral Shimmer Eva vond ik er dan ook nog eens perfect bij passen :)

      Delete
  7. whole design looks really beautiful dear Robin :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems like a great collection of water decals. I love the lipstick on your pinky finger. Very pretty design (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love the lipstick too, you can use it for so many designs! :)

      Delete
  9. Aww, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look perfect, Robin! What a beautiful touch of glamour, the decals look great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ithi!! Yeah I really wanted to add some glamour to a Marilyn mani ;)

      Delete
  11. Your mani looks beautiful and I'm really curious about these decals, they are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This kind of water decals are not really my style, but the result on your nails is cute :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I quite like funny decals or decals with people's face on it haha but I realize they're not for everyone :) Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Hello ^^ I just made a design for Nerd Geek Challenge ♥
    I hope you like it and here is the link:

    http://i-like-the-night.blogspot.com/2015/04/nowe-projekty-nerd-geek-challenge-i.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh it's AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! I don't like it, I love it! :D Thanks for joining in!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)